Friday, January 6, 2017
Sunday, January 1, 2017
Happy New year! If you are new to my corner of the web, welcome! I am so very excited to have you here at SouthernBeth! So wow. Its 2017. Can you believe I made this blog in 2013????? Like what the world? I made my first post on December 15th 2013... So happy late blogiversary to myself I guess! Haha So in 2014 and maybe 2015 I did a post about 14 or 15 things I wanted to do in 2014/2015. So this is going to apply for this year and I am going to do...you guessed it...17 things I want to do in 2017!
1. Keep my GPA above a 3.5 (Which I have managed to do. Just have to keep doing it. I will actually be moving to a University [I have attended a Technical College to get basic classes.] in 2017 so...let’s hope for the best!)
2. I want to get another tattoo. (I got my first one in March of last year and I love it!) I have a couple in mind that I want. It’s just deciding for sure on a couple things!
3. Finish the Harry Potter Series. Movies and Books. So When I was a kid, my parents didn't let me watch the movies or read the books. So I started a while back and it is taking me forever. I love them though. I am definitely a Potter fan now. If I lived at Hogwarts, I would be a Hufflepuff, what house are you ?
4. This one is kinda connected to the one above, I want to read 10 books. That’s less than one a month. I love to read but I just don’t set enough time aside to do so!
5. Travel to a destination that I have never been. This can be as broad or as simple as you make it.
6. Make working out more of a priority. I mean I do pay for a gym membership. So I need to start going more. HAHA
7. I want to learn more about History. I absolutely am in love with the Hamilton Soundtrack. After listening to it “Non-Stop” for months, I realized there is so much I DON’T know about our nation’s history. And I am just super interested now. (On a side note, if you are a Hamilton GEEK like me, HI! And if you aren’t, you might need to reevaluate.
8. Stay positive. I like to think of myself as a generally positive person but sometimes that’s not as easy. I want to stay as positive as possible!
9. Get a new phone. I still want an iPhone but maybe an upgrade from the 5s. LOL
10. Color my hair. I actually never have done anything color wise to my hair (I am a hair dye virgin!!!) and my hair used to be a lot lighter than it is now and I would love to get back to that color! So I MIGHT get some color put in it!
11. Learn to do something Pinteresty. I would love to learn to knit or crochet... (Hate me for being an old lady. What evs.
12. Take care of me. I saw a quote recently that said “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first. And sometimes I just push myself to the point of breaking and then I am out of commission. For a couple days. My point is, maybe learn to say no more often.
13. Create more of a ritual at bedtime instead of just rushing around all the time! Haha
14. Read more of my bible. I am really bad about only reading the verses in my bible that my devotion tells me to that day. So I really need to read more than just that.
15. Be a little more “green conscious.” By this I mean everything from eating healthier to being more conscious about the environment and how to help it.
16. Cross off at least 2 things from my bucket list!
17. Step out of my comfort zone. I tend to live in this box. It’s so comfy there , but nothing new happens. I am really bad about sticking with anything that won’t make my anxiety flare or that is just the norm. But I don’t want my life to be just ordinary and that’s what it is inside my comfort zone. So I am going to try to live more on the extraordinary side.
Happy New Year People!
Saturday, December 31, 2016
Since starting my “Newish” job about two years ago, I have been a pretty crapppppy blogger. I mean I have maybe done a couple post since then so I mean I figured why not try to do better? I mean if I have one person reading this at this point I am doing good. Haha So I just feel like maybe I should update you guys on life or maybe even write about just anything? I don’t know how to blog anymore. Haha
So where am I? How do I spend my time? Well I have a full time (a big girl job if you will) and that takes a huge chunk of time. It’s fun though. I work in activities in a retirement home! It’s a full time job so I am at work at least 40 hours a week. Which can get crazy stressful along with school. Speaking of school...
I am also a student! I am on Christmas break right now. THANK GOD. I am taking school a little slower than normal people because I am having to have a job so, ya gotta do what ya gotta do! I plan on Majoring in Mass Communications with a minor in Non-Profit Management. Yes, you did hear that right. I want to work in Non-profit. I have come to absolutely love helping people. Whether it’s helping someone edit their Instagram picture (LOL First world probs) to helping a child who doesn't have gloves make sure their hands are warm for the Winter. I am not 100% sure of the Organization I want to work with at this time, but I have a lot of ideas and dreams!
If you don’t know me that well, you don’t know I love my family. As crazy and chaotic as they can be, I love them more than words will ever say. I have a little sister who I have been so blessed to become friends with over the past year. And a FOUR year old little brother who is the light of my life. When I have a bad day, I know that he can always make it better. I won’t mention everyone in my family here because I will forget someone who makes me happy. Speaking of family though, I can’t forget my best friends. I refer to them as “The Hannahs.” They are three different people but they are all named Hannah (Sounds complicated right?). Each of them treat me more like sisters than friends and I love them so much for all they do for me. (And how their families are pretty much my own. If any of you are reading this, HI and thanks for treating me like another daughter! I love you! ) And then there are so many more friends that I won’t name because I know I will forget someone (Kinsley, Emily G., Devon, Casey, Callie, Emily M., Alyssa...(Again, I am positive I missed someone but I love you all.))
I also have a fur baby that I love so much! His name is Koda and his is pretty much as close to a child as I will get for a LONG time! Hahahaha He is truly my baby and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I am actually not sure if there is too much more too tell without getting too personal for the moment. But in case you're new here, or this is your first time reading my blog. Hi. Welcome. I am hoping my visits on my corner of the web will be more frequent now but I won’t make any promises. Thanks for reading and I am so excited to share my life with you!
Friday, July 15, 2016
Do you have a place that you lable with your “favorite place in the world?” Is it the beach? Or the mountains? Or your grandma’s house? Well my favorite place is a little different. It’s a camp. And you might say “Elizabeth, a camp?” Well hear me out.
If you have ever heard or had the privilege of going to Victory Junction Gang Camp, you know what I am talking about. It is a camp for chronically ill children where they can have the camp experience like anyone else. "Victory Junction enriches the lives of children with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses by providing life-changing camp experiences that are exciting, fun and empowering; all in a medically-safe environment at no cost to the camper or their family. - See more at: http://victoryjunction.org/about/#sthash.W3HHAWzf.dpuf"
It has a personal effect on my family. You see, my sister has always been a pretty “sick” kid. With a lot of different factors that make her that way. She is was able to go to this camp as a kid multiple times. And my personal favorite moment, was the first time we picked her up from camp. I had never really seen my little sister run, and she was so excited to show us that she could run up a hill. I cant tell you how much that warmed my heart and still makes me tear up today. The camp used to have a week dedicated to “siblings.” It was a whole week dedicated to the brothers and sisters of the kids. And luckily enough, I was able to attend camp as a sibling for 3 SUMMERS! (A week out of each summer.) And I cant tell you the lessons I learned about myself, about other people, about life from my time at VJGC. I always dreamed of being a counselor and changing lives for kids like my counselors did.
Well this summer I am finally old enough to be a counselor. I finally have the chance to do something I have dreamed about doing for years. I cant say how excited (and emotional) I am about the situation. I got my email yesterday telling me what exact “color” unit I am with. I am getting the privilege of working with the oldest campers! I was so excited to write this post about how excited and blessed I feel to be able to do this, but I honestly cant even put it into words anymore. So I am going to leave it to that.
Please just pray for me that I am able to effect the campers at camp the way, everyone of my counselors have always had on me.
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Saturday, February 13, 2016
Monday, October 12, 2015
Saturday, October 3, 2015
1.) Flirty Shadow from the Nude Dude pallet: I got this shadow in my Ipsy bag either last month or the month before and I have used it constantly since then! It’s a purple color with gold shimmer. Ipsy describes it as a “shimmering golden violet.” I think these palettes from the balm are so cool! You will have to Google them but the Balm makes them and I will leave the rest of the surprise up to you!
2.) Friends TV show: When I was a kid I remember my mom watching Friends every now and then but she didn’t LOVE it. Well I was in need of a new show on Netflix and one night just decided to watch the first one and I haven’t laughed that hard in a LONG time. So I figured, “Why not?!”
3.) Essie "Power Clutch”: Its such a pretty dark grey color! I have been wearing it on my nails more than anything else! Its such a perfect Fall/Winter color!
4.) Rdio: It’s a music service that I am kinda in love with. You can make playlists and things. Here is what I was listening to all through September!
5.) They’re Real mascara: Have you guys used this stuff? Its like magic! The only downside is that it is $24 a tube. But it actually does way more than my drugstore mascaras… I will be sad when this one runs out!
6.) Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki: I actually don’t use this as a bronzer! I use it as a highlight. It is soooooo pretty. Since I have been LUSTING after Jaclyn Hill’s “Champagne Pop” highlight, this is a sad substitute. Haha But its still awesome and I have been using it every day!!
7.) Orange Juice: I have had a strange obsession with Orange Juice this month. I can’t explain it but its definitely been there. Its almost all I have been drinking!
8.) Grey by E.L. James: This is the book by the same lady who wrote 50 Shades. Same story, just from the guy (Christian’s) point of view.. And I got this for my birthday so I had to start it. I am not sure how much I am LOVING it but that’s all I have been reading this month! (Still Not done…)
9.) Candles: Especially the ones from Bath and Body Works. I freaking love Fall candles. They are by far my favorite scents and I burn them all year round. I could not express to you how obsessed I am.
10.) Pocket Frogs app: I have been absolutely OBSSESSED with this childrens game. You breed frogs and take care of them and level up and get “better” frogs and it is just a whole load of fun! Haha Let me know if you have the app and if you do, if you want to be friends! Haha
11.) Nars Satin Lips Pencil in Rikugien: I got this in my free birthday gift from Sephora and I fell in love with this pink. I call it my “My lips but better” color because I can pronounce its real name… Its amazing!
Monday, September 28, 2015
Monday, September 21, 2015
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Sunday: I woke up and had my coffee...(I have a problem, don't judge.) and went to a new church this morning. A group from Alabama called "The Sounds of Mobile" were there and they were FANTASTIC! Then we went and ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Then this afternoon, I went to a play! I went and saw Mary Poppins! It was a great show! Now I am here at my grandmas (we don't have cable at the apartment because we don't watch enough TV...) so I can watch the Miss America pageant. I AM SO EXCITED! If you don't like pageants, I would tune out now...
I am so excited about Vanessa Williams coming back. And there is going to be a surprise in the first five minutes that I am super excited to find out what it is! I have guesses for like the top 5! Miss South Carolina: Daja Dial (I love her! I think she is so great and I'm not just saying that because I am from South Carolina!); Miss Oklahoma: Georgia Frazier; Miss Florida: Mary Katherine Fechtel; Miss Iowa: Taylor Wiebers; and Miss Georgia: Betty Cantrell!
Let me know your predictions!
I hope you guys had a great weekend! Talk to you soon!
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Change. For some reason, most humans have trouble with change. Some (like me) have even trouble with that word. And most of the time it seems that change is often accompanied by more change. And thats how my life is taking a turn right now. Excuse my infrequent posts and not being a reliable blogger. I am adjusting to a lot of things right now and appreciate your patience! I love you all and will talk to you soon.
Sunday, July 26, 2015
(See the heart on his side?!?!)
For now, that is all. I think I have covered a lot. :) I love you guys and cant wait to talk again!