Happy New year! If you are new to my corner of the web, welcome! I am so very excited to have you here at SouthernBeth! So wow. Its 2017. Can you believe I made this blog in 2013????? Like what the world? I made my first post on December 15th 2013... So happy late blogiversary to myself I guess! Haha So in 2014 and maybe 2015 I did a post about 14 or 15 things I wanted to do in 2014/2015. So this is going to apply for this year and I am going to do...you guessed it...17 things I want to do in 2017!
1. Keep my GPA above a 3.5 (Which I have managed to do. Just have to keep doing it. I will actually be moving to a University [I have attended a Technical College to get basic classes.] in 2017 so...let’s hope for the best!)
2. I want to get another tattoo. (I got my first one in March of last year and I love it!) I have a couple in mind that I want. It’s just deciding for sure on a couple things!
3. Finish the Harry Potter Series. Movies and Books. So When I was a kid, my parents didn't let me watch the movies or read the books. So I started a while back and it is taking me forever. I love them though. I am definitely a Potter fan now. If I lived at Hogwarts, I would be a Hufflepuff, what house are you ?
4. This one is kinda connected to the one above, I want to read 10 books. That’s less than one a month. I love to read but I just don’t set enough time aside to do so!
5. Travel to a destination that I have never been. This can be as broad or as simple as you make it.
6. Make working out more of a priority. I mean I do pay for a gym membership. So I need to start going more. HAHA
7. I want to learn more about History. I absolutely am in love with the Hamilton Soundtrack. After listening to it “Non-Stop” for months, I realized there is so much I DON’T know about our nation’s history. And I am just super interested now. (On a side note, if you are a Hamilton GEEK like me, HI! And if you aren’t, you might need to reevaluate.
8. Stay positive. I like to think of myself as a generally positive person but sometimes that’s not as easy. I want to stay as positive as possible!
9. Get a new phone. I still want an iPhone but maybe an upgrade from the 5s. LOL
10. Color my hair. I actually never have done anything color wise to my hair (I am a hair dye virgin!!!) and my hair used to be a lot lighter than it is now and I would love to get back to that color! So I MIGHT get some color put in it!
11. Learn to do something Pinteresty. I would love to learn to knit or crochet... (Hate me for being an old lady. What evs.
12. Take care of me. I saw a quote recently that said “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first. And sometimes I just push myself to the point of breaking and then I am out of commission. For a couple days. My point is, maybe learn to say no more often.
13. Create more of a ritual at bedtime instead of just rushing around all the time! Haha
14. Read more of my bible. I am really bad about only reading the verses in my bible that my devotion tells me to that day. So I really need to read more than just that.
15. Be a little more “green conscious.” By this I mean everything from eating healthier to being more conscious about the environment and how to help it.
16. Cross off at least 2 things from my bucket list!
17. Step out of my comfort zone. I tend to live in this box. It’s so comfy there , but nothing new happens. I am really bad about sticking with anything that won’t make my anxiety flare or that is just the norm. But I don’t want my life to be just ordinary and that’s what it is inside my comfort zone. So I am going to try to live more on the extraordinary side.
Happy New Year People!